Friday, December 13, 2013
UK resident Joromie Lewis, 33, has died after reportedly drinking a pear drink manufactured in Trinidad.
UK police sources said the drink contained a lethal amount of cocaine.
Lewis, of Gosport, Hampshire, fell sick seconds after drinking the Pear D soft drink, which is manufactured by S M Jaleel, South Oropouche.
He died mere hours afterwards at the Southampton General Hospital last Thursday.
A post-mortem examination was carried out on Saturday. The results were inconclusive. Toxicology tests have been since ordered and are currently being carried out.